Sunday, January 24, 2010

People telling me what I already know


When I was little and still lived in New Jersey, we went to my next door neighbor's pool one summer. It was the first summer I was "big" or something; I can remember being excited for a pool party and maybe going down the big slide and it being really bright.
I forgot my swimmies when I walked in.
It was really loud and I felt like I was being sucked into a whirlpool, but for some reason, I wasn't scared.
I know my dad saved me after only a few seconds, but for some reason, I had no judgement of time whatsoever. And I didn't care.

I've been thinking about my almost-drown experience often lately. Once you learn how to swim, the magic is gone. The lungs exploding portion included, I think drowning is pretty beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment